We take the protection of your privacy very seriously and treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the statutory protection regulations and this privacy notice.
We do not share your details with third parties.
Our contact details
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Your name and address along with your contact telephone number/s and e-mail address.
How we get the information and why we have it
- Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- For the purposes of providing quotations and design drawings.
- In order to be able to contact you for feedback in relation to quotations provided.
- For the purposes of arranging your installation if you have placed your order or raising any queries in relation to the installation or making contact for the purpose of arranging any returns that may be necessary for the fulfilment of our obligations under the terms of our warranty.
- occasionally to make you aware of special promotions or other information that we feel may be of benefit to you.
Your information is either given by you over the telephone, by e-mail, through the contact page on our website or through social media sources (only by direct contact from you).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at:
GPM Designs Ltd, Unit 5B, Beechcroft Farm Industries, Chapel Wood Road, Ash, Kent, TN15 7HX.
(b) We may have a pre-contractual obligation or commitment to provide a quotation and / or present design drawings or a contractual obligation to provide services after an order is placed.
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have
We use your information primarily in order to be able to make contact with you in relation to the above purposes (please see “How we get the information and why we have it”).
We do not share this information with any other organisations.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored
- In paper files at our office.
- On our computer system.
We keep your contact details (name, address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for 3 years after we have provided quotations and designs and 25 years in the case where you have placed an order for furniture/goods/services. This allows us to retain your design drawings, dimensions/survey notes in case you require any additions, adaptations or repairs carried out to your furniture in the future. We will then dispose of your information by shredding the paperwork and deleting your files from our computer system.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to data portability –
You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at: GPM Designs Ltd, Unit 5B, Beechcroft Farm Industries, Chapel Wood Road, Ash, Kent, TN15 7HX if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113